From what I've seen, Google's Vision API lets you perform OCR on a PDF, but it returns only the detected text in a JSON format. What I need is a searchable (OCR'd) PDF file in return. Is this possible?
From what I've seen, Google's Vision API lets you perform OCR on a PDF, but it returns only the detected text in a JSON format. What I need is a searchable (OCR'd) PDF file in return. Is this possible?
Notice that the OutputConfig type doesn't have any metadata field to configure the resulting file's format. As you are already aware, the API returns a JSON response. You could either first get the JSON data with the API and explore the use of any of the following repositories for JSON to PDF conversion or directly use any specialized module such as OCRmyPDF that specifically serves this purpose on your source PDF and avoid the use of the API altogether.