Nvidia on Linux: "Codec h264_cuvid is not supported"

Viewed 768

I configured FFMPEG to use Nvidia, but when I try this command

ffmpeg -vsync 0 -hwaccel cuvid -c:v h264_cuvid -i input.mp4 -c:a copy -c:v h264_nvenc -b:v 5M output.mp4

I get the error

[h264_cuvid @ 0x556eaa3ea780] Codec h264_cuvid is not supported

Here's the output of nvidia-smi:

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 450.51.05    Driver Version: 450.51.05    CUDA Version: 11.0     |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|                               |                      |               MIG M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce 940MX       On   | 00000000:01:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| N/A   47C    P5    N/A /  N/A |    396MiB /  2004MiB |     22%      Default |
|                               |                      |                  N/A |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
                                                                               
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Processes:                                                                  |
|  GPU   GI   CI        PID   Type   Process name                  GPU Memory |
|        ID   ID                                                   Usage      |
|=============================================================================|
|    0   N/A  N/A      1131      G   /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg                 37MiB |
|    0   N/A  N/A      1883      G   /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg                129MiB |
|    0   N/A  N/A      2175      G   /usr/bin/gnome-shell               92MiB |
|    0   N/A  N/A      3649      G   ...AAAAAAAAA= --shared-files      126MiB |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

And the output of ffmpeg:

ffmpeg version git-2020-07-25-7c8ad72 Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 9 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-10ubuntu2)
  configuration: --enable-nonfree --enable-cuda-nvcc --enable-libnpp --enable-gpl --enable-libx264 --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/cuda/include --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/cuda/lib64
  libavutil      56. 57.100 / 56. 57.100
  libavcodec     58. 97.102 / 58. 97.102
  libavformat    58. 49.100 / 58. 49.100
  libavdevice    58. 11.101 / 58. 11.101
  libavfilter     7. 87.100 /  7. 87.100
  libswscale      5.  8.100 /  5.  8.100
  libswresample   3.  8.100 /  3.  8.100
  libpostproc    55.  8.100 / 55.  8.100
0 Answers
Related