Searching up the above shows many results about how to set breakpoints for apps running in docker containers, yet I'm interested in setting a breakpoint in the Dockerfile itself, such that the docker build is paused at the breakpoint. For an example Dockerfile:
FROM ubuntu:20.04
RUN echo "hello"
RUN echo "bye"
I'm looking for a way to set a breakpoint on the RUN echo "bye" such that when I debug this Dockerfile, the image will build non-interactively up to the RUN echo "bye" point, exclusive. After then, I would be able to interactively run commands with the container. In the actual Dockerfile I have, there are RUNs before the breakpoint that change the file system of the image being built, and I want to analyze the filesystem of the image at the breakpoint by being able to interactively run commands like cd / ls / find at the time of the breakpoint.