IOS realease ITMS-90117: Missing routing app coverage file

Viewed 647

My IOS app is using the map function for showing route and following is the map related configuration from info.plist

<key>CFBundleDocumentTypes</key>
<array>
    <dict>
        <key>CFBundleTypeName</key>
        <string>MKDirectionsRequest</string>
        <key>LSHandlerRank</key>
        <string>Default</string>
        <key>LSItemContentTypes</key>
        <array>
            <string>com.apple.maps.directionsrequest</string>
        </array>
    </dict>
</array>
<key>MKDirectionsApplicationSupportedModes</key>
<array>
    <string>MKDirectionsModeBike</string>
    <string>MKDirectionsModeBus</string>
    <string>MKDirectionsModeCar</string>
    <string>MKDirectionsModePedestrian</string>
</array>

The app is only focusing on sweden, and following is the "sweden.geojson" file. Where coordinates start with longitude then latitude, with three brackets to close a polygon. Last coordinate is same as the first one.

{
  "type": "MultiPolygon",
  "coordinates": [
    [[[9.755,54.977],[24.960,54.977],[24.960,69.565],[9.755,69.565],[9.755,54.977]]]
  ]
}

The initial json format validation passes, so I can do the submit, but then I got the emails with error: invalid binary, IOS realease ITMS-90117: Missing routing app coverage file. I even tried the sample json file from apple documentation but it is same error. Been on apple developer forum searching, but it is only problem posting, and no one posts any solution. Help appreciated...

1 Answers

This may or may not help you as I don't know the purpose of your app, but I had the same problem and and have found a solution that works for me.

I use MapKit to provide directions inside the app, but it isn't a directions app.

The solution was to turn off Map from the app capabilities (on the Signing and Capabilities tab). This setting indicates that the app works as a general purpose directions app.

I'm theorizing (but don't know for sure) that the reason the binary was invalid before I turned off the Map capability was that you can't have the capability enabled without providing a way to start the app with a location.

Related