I have a table that looks like this:
host, job, folder, file, mtime
Folder names are not unique and can be same for a job spread across different hosts. I need to pick folder where the max(mtime for a file) is the max across all the folders by the same name across different hosts. Roughly I need something like this:
Select (host, folder) pair where tuple (host, job, folder) max(max (file mtime))
Example:
1, j1, f1, e1, 2
2, j1, f1, e2, 0
2, j1, f1, e9, 3
3, j1, f1, e3, 2
1, j2, f2, e4, 3
2, j2, f2, e5, 4
3, j2, f2, e6, 5
1, j3, f3, e7, 6
2, j3, f3, e8, 7
result would be:
2, j1, f1, e9, 3
3, j2, f2, e6, 5
2, j3, f3, e8, 7
The table is huge, so I trying to find out best possible way to do this. Thanks