I am new to docker, attempting to connect oracle database running in local from an application running inside docker.
Getting below error:
IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection.
I browsed that we can pull oracle image and run in the docker container but I want to connect locally running database.
Can someone please guide me how to connect oracle database running in local windows machine from application inside docker container.
Code to get SessionFactory instance:
private SessionFactory getSessionFactory() {
SessionFactory sessionFactory = null;
if (sessionFactory == null) {
try {
Configuration configuration = new Configuration();
// Hibernate settings equivalent to hibernate.cfg.xml's
// properties
System.out.println("SessionFactory getting called");
Properties settings = new Properties();
settings.put(Environment.DRIVER, "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
settings.put(Environment.URL, "jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xxxxx");
settings.put(Environment.USER, "xxxxx");
settings.put(Environment.PASS, "xxxx");
settings.put(Environment.DIALECT, "org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle12cDialect");
settings.put(Environment.SHOW_SQL, "true");
settings.put(Environment.CURRENT_SESSION_CONTEXT_CLASS, "thread");
settings.put(Environment.C3P0_MIN_SIZE, 10);
settings.put(Environment.C3P0_MAX_SIZE, 100);
settings.put(Environment.C3P0_TIMEOUT, 300);
configuration.setProperties(settings);
configuration.addAnnotatedClass(SecretQuestionsEnity.class).addAnnotatedClass(CustomerEntity.class)
.addAnnotatedClass(AddressEntity.class).addAnnotatedClass(SecretAnswersEntity.class)
.addAnnotatedClass(BranchEntity.class).addAnnotatedClass(AccountEntity.class)
.addAnnotatedClass(CurrentACEntity.class).addAnnotatedClass(SavingsACEntity.class)
.addAnnotatedClass(TransactionEntity.class).addAnnotatedClass(PayeeEntity.class);
ServiceRegistry serviceRegistry = new StandardServiceRegistryBuilder()
.applySettings(configuration.getProperties()).build();
sessionFactory = configuration.buildSessionFactory(serviceRegistry);
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
return sessionFactory;
}
Error :
2020-07-24 16:32:09 WARN o.h.e.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper - SQL Error: 17002, SQLState: 08006
2020-07-24 16:32:10 ERROR o.h.e.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper - IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
org.hibernate.service.spi.ServiceException: Unable to create requested service [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.spi.JdbcEnvironment]
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.createService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:275)
at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:237)