AFAIK YOLO calculates mAP against validation dataset during training. Now is it possible to calculate the same against unseen test dataset ?
Command:
./darknet detector map obj.data yolo-obj.cfg yolo-obj_best.weights
obj.data:
classes = 1
train = train.txt
valid = test.txt
names = classes.txt
backup = backup
I have directed valid to test dataset containing annotated images. But I always get the following result:
calculation mAP (mean average precision)...
44
detections_count = 50, unique_truth_count = 43
class_id = 0, name = traffic_light, ap = 100.00% (TP = 43, FP = 0)
for conf_thresh = 0.25, precision = 1.00, recall = 1.00, F1-score = 1.00
for conf_thresh = 0.25, TP = 43, FP = 0, FN = 0, average IoU = 85.24 %
IoU threshold = 50 %, used Area-Under-Curve for each unique Recall
mean average precision (mAP@0.50) = 1.000000, or 100.00 %
Total Detection Time: 118 Seconds
It's not that I'm not happy with 100% mAP, but it's definitely wrong isn't it?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Setnug