Plot ordiellipse from vegan in ggplot2 example not working

Viewed 257

I'm trying to plot a pca biplot in ggplot with ellipsoids for groups, and I found an example in this thread here.

However, I can't reproduce the result. I ran both versions of Didzis Elfer's solution, but the df_ell dataframe remains empty. When I run the last command:

ggplot(data = NMDS, aes(MDS1, MDS2)) + geom_point(aes(color = group)) +
geom_path(data=df_ell, aes(x=NMDS1, y=NMDS2,colour=group), size=1, linetype=2)

I get the following error: Error in FUN(X[[i]], ...) : object 'NMDS1' not found

So it seems the function doesn't work. Does it have to do with the most recent version of the vegan package?

All help is appreciated.

1 Answers

Very late, but i was running into the same problem.

Check if levels(NMDS$group) returns NULL. Converting your grouping variable from character to factor did fix the problem for me. In Didzis Elfer's solution a simple

NMDS$group <- as.factor(NMDS$group)

was enough to get the function running.

Related