Good afternoon dear StackOverflow community,
I encounter a problem using MutableList in Kotlin. More specifically, I do not succeed to add a MutableList inside a MutableList.
For instance, with the example thereafter
fun main() {
var mutableListIndex: MutableList<Int> = mutableListOf<Int>()
var mutableListTotal: MutableList<MutableList<Int>> = mutableListOf<MutableList<Int>>()
for(i in 0..5) {
mutableListIndex.add(i)
println(mutableListIndex)
mutableListTotal.add(mutableListIndex)
println(mutableListTotal)
}
}
I get the following result
[0]
[[0]]
[0, 1]
[[0, 1], [0, 1]]
[0, 1, 2]
[[0, 1, 2], [0, 1, 2], [0, 1, 2]]
[0, 1, 2, 3]
[[0, 1, 2, 3], [0, 1, 2, 3], [0, 1, 2, 3], [0, 1, 2, 3]]
[0, 1, 2, 3, 4]
[[0, 1, 2, 3, 4], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4]]
[0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
[[0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]]
While, I am expecting the result thereafter
[0]
[[0]]
[0, 1]
[[0], [0, 1]]
[0, 1, 2]
[[0], [0, 1], [0, 1, 2]]
[0, 1, 2, 3]
[[0], [0, 1], [0, 1, 2], [0, 1, 2, 3]]
[0, 1, 2, 3, 4]
[[0], [0, 1], [0, 1, 2], [0, 1, 2, 3], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4]]
[0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
[[0], [0, 1], [0, 1, 2], [0, 1, 2, 3], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]]
I do not succeed to understand where I am wrong as in my opinion the code from the stricly speaking algorythm point of view is good.
Can someone help and explain me my error ?
Yours faithfully