I have a code block like below where I need to find something inside a loop, and also return a second variable. So I can't use a simple Array.find or Array.some good ole' for...of is my friend. map/filter don't allow a break and find can only return actual elements from the array, not a related calculation.
But the below within typescript is giving me an unavoidable error. I'm wondering if either there's a more idiomatic way to do this, or a better structure / place to declare the variable?
Variable 'found' is used before being assigned.
let found: ParseResult
// breaks when first item found but we capture a different value
for (const rule of ParserRules) {
// const rex = new RegExp(route.match)
const parsed = rule.rex.exec(input)
if (parsed) {
found = { parsed, rule }
break
}
}
// @ts-ignore
return found // FIXME used before defined?
Here are the various JS iterator methods I tried...
const ar = [1, 2, 3, 4]
const log = console.log
const finder = (list) => {
console.log('map', list.map(it => it === 3))
console.log('find', list.find(it => it === 3))
console.log('some', list.some(it => it === 3))
console.log('filter', list.filter(it => it === 3))
console.log('find', list.find(it => {
if (it === 3) return it * 2 // value coerced to T|F
}))
console.log('filter', list.filter(it => {
if (it === 3) return it * 2 // value coerced to T|F
}))
const arr = list.forEach((k) => {
if (k === 3) return ('here')
})
log('arr', arr)
let found
for (const elem of list) {
log('elem of', elem)
if (elem === 2) {
found = elem
break
}
}
log('found', found)
}
finder(ar)