Mikrotik Wap AC. Unresettable?

Viewed 1866

I have 4 of Mikrotik 'Wap AC's.

3 of them are fine. But the fourth one turned out to be a problem, an enigma.

I have reset it (30-30-30) several times but it just refuses to be visible on LAN --WinBox cannot locate it, doing a full network scan returns nothing.

Also, it has no WiFi presence either since neither of the radios come on line.

My question is this:

Now that I have removed the motherboard from the enclosure, is there any way I can hard reset it? Shorting some contacts or something similar.

Mikrotik Wap AC Motherboard

2 Answers

You might use the netinstall software and try to upload the correct firmware.

The reset button has three functions:

  1. Hold this button during boot time until LED light starts flashing, release the button to reset RouterOS configuration (total 5 seconds).

  2. Keep holding for 5 more seconds, LED turns solid, release now to turn on CAP mode. The device will now look for a CAPsMAN server (total 10 seconds).

  3. Or Keep holding the button for 5 more seconds until LED turns off, then release it to make the RouterBOARD look for Netinstall servers (total 15 seconds).

Remember boot time is after power is connect that means you must keep hold the reset button.

After that you can follow the steps for netinstall https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall.

Faced with the fact that Netinstall does not see the connected access point, it was decided to disable the firewall. After that, the device appeared and I was able to flash it.

Related