I want to configure IIB 10 and MQ 8 so that the published monitoring-event messages are persisted in a persistent MQ queue.
The manual at : https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac37850_.htm has a Note to say:
Publications resolve to be nonpersistent by default, but you can change a publication to be persistent by configuring named topics in WebSphere® MQ. For more information, see the Subscriptions and message persistence topic in the WebSphere MQ Version 7.5 product documentation online.
Unfortunately, this weird ref to an old version of MQ leads nowhere.
I went through the MQ manual that defines the fields in the Topic definition in Explorer and that doesn't help, since the 'Default persistence' requires the publisher to use MQPER_PERSISTENCE_AS_Q_DEF. As IIB's default is 'not persistent', I have to assume it doesn't use this.
I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me how to override this and have persisitent messages written to a persistent queue.
FWIW
I originally assumed that defining the queue to receive the event messages as persistent would do the trick - it doesn't.
Next, I tried defining a topic XXX with topic string $SYS/Broker/int-sver/monitoring/+/+ with 'Default persistence' set to 'Persistent' - that doesn't work, either.