I have a DF "ltyc" that looks like this:
month day wind_speed
0 1 1 11.263604
1 1 2 11.971495
2 1 3 11.989080
3 1 4 12.558736
4 1 5 11.850899
And, i apply a lambda function:
ltyc['date'] = pd.to_datetime(ltyc["month"], format='%m').apply(lambda dt: dt.replace(year=2020))
To get it to look like this:
month day wind_speed date
0 1 1 11.263604 2020-01-01
1 1 2 11.971495 2020-01-01
2 1 3 11.989080 2020-01-01
3 1 4 12.558736 2020-01-01
4 1 5 11.850899 2020-01-01
Except, I need it to look like this so that the days change also...but I cannot figure out how to format the lambda statement to do this instead as this is what I need.
month day wind_speed date
0 1 1 11.263604 2020-01-01
1 1 2 11.971495 2020-01-02
2 1 3 11.989080 2020-01-03
3 1 4 12.558736 2020-01-04
4 1 5 11.850899 2020-01-05
I have tried this:
ltyc['date'] = pd.to_datetime(ltyc["month"], format='%m%d').apply(lambda dt: dt.replace(year=2020))
and i get this error:
ValueError: time data '1' does not match format '%m%d' (match)
Thank you for help since i'm trying to figure out the lambda functions.