I downloaded a updated version of some firmware, and need to compile it into a firmware.bin file, (firmware.hex will not work). Most of the tutorials online said to use PlatformIO for this, but whenever I build the firmware, everything goes as planed, it compiles without any errors and says that it succeeded. However, on most youtube videos or online documents, the last few lines include something like
Archiving .pio\build\mega2560\libFrameworkArduino.a
Archiving .pio\build\mega2560\lib9e6\libU8glib-HAL_ID1932.a
Linking .pio\build\mega2560\firmware.elf
Building .pio\build\mega2560\firmware.hex
Checking size .pio\build\mega2560\firmware.elf
Building .pio\build\mega2560\firmware.bin
RAM: [====== ] 60.6% (used 4963 bytes from 8192 bytes)
Flash: [====== ] 63.7% (used 161682 bytes from 253952 bytes)
================================================ [SUCCESS] Took 222.23 seconds ================================================
While mine looks like this:
Archiving .pio\build\mega2560\libFrameworkArduino.a
Archiving .pio\build\mega2560\lib9e6\libU8glib-HAL_ID1932.a
Linking .pio\build\mega2560\firmware.elf
Building .pio\build\mega2560\firmware.hex
Checking size .pio\build\mega2560\firmware.elf
RAM: [====== ] 60.6% (used 4963 bytes from 8192 bytes)
Flash: [====== ] 63.7% (used 161682 bytes from 253952 bytes)
================================================ [SUCCESS] Took 222.23 seconds ================================================
And sure enough, there is a firmware.elf and firmware.hex, but no firmware.bin. Many other places say that platformio creates a .bin file by default, so I don't think it was something I forgot to do, but then what was it? Do I need to edit my Platformio.ini file, or something else?