I am in the process of setting up Fastlane to simplify submitting updates for my iOS app to App Store Connect. My app only uses encryption for HTTPS requests, so it is considered exempt from providing documentation. (These are the questions that are asked when submitting a new release through the App Store Connect site.)
Fastlane requires more than just these two questions when you specify the encryption export compliance settings. These are set in the upload_to_app_store action, under the submission_information parameter.
This is what I currently have, but I'm not sure if it is correct:
upload_to_app_store(
submission_information: {
export_compliance_platform: 'ios',
export_compliance_uses_encryption: true,
export_compliance_is_exempt: true,
# These are the ones I am confused by
export_compliance_compliance_required: false,
export_compliance_encryption_updated: false,
export_compliance_app_type: nil,
export_compliance_contains_third_party_cryptography: false,
export_compliance_contains_proprietary_cryptography: false,
export_compliance_available_on_french_store: false
}
)
The last 6 fields are extremely unclear to me. Unfortunately Fastlane offers little documentation, because they just copied the fields used by Apple's non-public API.
How can I figure out what the correct values should be?