How to fix Process finished with exit code -1073741819 (0xC0000005) when using Convolutional layers in pytorch, error on backward()

Viewed 4405

When I use Conv1d or Conv2d layers on pytorch, the process is killed unexpectedly. I am getting the error in the following line:

loss.backward()

My set up:

  • Windows 10
  • cuda 10.2
  • cudnn 7.6.5
  • RTX 2060 Super
  • Nvidia driver 451.67
  • Pycharm 2020.04

Error:

Process finished with exit code -1073741819 (0xC0000005)

In comparison, when I replace the conv layer with a dense layer, the problem doesn't occur.

For more comparison, the same project and the same code was run on Ubuntu 20.04 as well, and it worked quite well.

1 Answers

There seems to be a known bug around this problem that happens with Pytorch on windows, when run on GPU(with CUDA) .

Ensure all params supplied to Conv1d and Conv2d are correct especially padding value. Note that it can have different behaviour with other OS like linux/ubuntu.

And also if you are using Python-3.6 or higher version, it could be this bug. In that case try with Python-3.5

Related