Is there any way to support RSA using the crypto-js library?

Viewed 5354

I am using AES-GCM from crypto-js presently. The intent would be to change to RSA for the asymmetric cryptography. Is the following statement correct https://community.postman.com/t/http-message-signing-using-rsa-sha256/1791 ?

However, CryptoJS doesn’t support RSA, and it’s the only crypto library available in the Postman Sandbox. So I’m sort of stuck, unless I implement a RSA-SHA256 signing algorithm myself.

Now, I’ve noticed that crypto-js hasn’t had a single commit for a year on GitHub,

I would really prefer to stick with the crypto-js library since it was difficult to use the built-in SubtleCrypto and now we have a framework built around the crypto-js libraries. That would basically have to be scrapped to go to SubtleCrypto. Pointers appreciated.

1 Answers

As @Topaco mentions the crypto-js is a symmetric encryption library only. I did pivot to tweet-nacl and it is working well.

Related