I have a column containing 5000 string records. These records are individual words or phrases (not a sentence or paragraph). Most of these records are similar or contain similar elements(e.g. "Office", "offise" "ground floor office"). Also, someone manually classified 300 of these records into five categories (i.e. Residential, Industrial, Office, Retail, Other) which means I can use it to develop a supervised machine learning model. I did a bit of study on word2vec, but it seems they work on texts, not individual words and phrases. Please advise me on how I can do the classification. Please note that the number of the records in the column is growing and new records will be added in the future, so the solution must be able to classify new records.
The sample input and the desired output is as below:
'industrial' -> 'Industrial'
'Warehouse' -> 'Industrial'
'Workshop' -> 'Industrial'
'rear warehouse' -> 'Industrial'
'office suite' -> 'office'
'office/warehouse' -> 'office'
'office(b1)' -> 'office'
'house' -> 'Residential'
'suite' -> 'Residential'
'restaurant' -> 'Retail'
'retail unit with 3 bedroom dwelling above' -> 'Retail'
'shoe shop' -> 'Retail'
'unit 56' -> 'Other'
'24 Hastings street' -> 'Other'