I'm trying to publish an update to an Android app that was originally published to the store back in 2014. I still have the Keystore file, but none of the development environment (e.g. Eclipse).
I originally thought I forgot the Keystore password, but then remembered that that password was empty. But yet, Android Studio won't let me use a Keystore with an empty password. So I needed to do a good bit of research to find information on how I could change this... I finally came across https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/blogs/forgot-keystore-passwordjks-file-you-can-still-recover-it which gave an example of changing from a blank password.
Once I changed this password, I was then able to get past the 'Password verification failed' message I was receiving when generating a signed app bundle through Android Studio.
The problem is now that I received the 'Cannot recover key' message when generating a signed app bundle. Doing research, this seems to be when the alias key password has been input incorrectly. I was nearly positive that I was using the correct password (the same one that I changed the Keystore password above to) but yet it won't let me. Is there any way to overcome this? As I said above, I don't have access to the gradle or logs from the development environment... and I really don't want to have to upload a new app to the store.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.