How Can I Ring Every User in a Twilio SIP Domain

Viewed 212

I've created a SIP Domain in Twilio, created the Credentials List and added two users. I've registered two SIP phones with the SIP Domain and using a webhook I'm able to place calls to these numbers by returning the following TwiML:

<Response>
    <Dial answerOnBridge="true">
        <Sip>
            user@my-uri.sip.us1.twilio.com
        </Sip>
    </Dial>
</Response>

The problem here is that only a single phone will ring at a time. How can I return a response that causes every user in the SIP Domain to ring?

1 Answers

As of today, you cannot use Twilio Markup Language (TwiML) to simultaneously ring multiple SIP end-points, unless the SIP end-points register using the the same Username (Address of Record/AOR), then you can have up to 10 registered.

You would need to use the REST API and place multiple calls to the Calls resource, to generate simultaneous calls to the SIP end-points. Twilio by default provides 1 Call Per Second (CPS), but this can be increased by working with Twilio sales.

UPDATE

GA

Two More Reasons to Use Twilio Programmable Voice with Your SIP Network

Related