A build from the master branch of swift-format fails when executed against the Swift 5.3 toolchain that came with Xcode 12 Beta 2.
Based on the docs and the error message on execution the issue is almost definitely related to the SwiftSyntax versions not matching between swift-format and the Swift 5.3 toolchain. I've tried updating the swift-format Package.swift file to build swift-format against the SwiftSyntax release/5.3 branch but still get this error:
The loaded '_InternalSwiftSyntaxParser' library is from a toolchain that is not compatible with this version of SwiftSyntax
The question is what needs to be changed in swift-format Package.swift to make execution against the Swift 5.3 toolchain work?
The answer may be as "simple" as knowing which SwiftSyntax commit is packaged with the Swift 5.3 toolchain that came with Xcode 12 Beta 2. The answer may also be that I'm being way too bleeding edge for my own good.
Tony Allevato - I think you are the boss on this.