Kettle csv import, set null value in rows with format errors

Viewed 148

I created an import job that reads data from a CSV file and save them (with some changes) in a Mysql DB. The Job works but sometimes I've dirty input files and if I set a format for example for dates, I've an exception that prevents to elaborate the file.

As you see in the image, I set a format for dates.

enter image description here

Unfortunately sometimes that values is not filled right. I'd like to set an empty date if the value is not a date. Instead so far I get just an exception:

enter image description here

What's the best way to set a null value for the cells that don't resepct the given format?

1 Answers

I solved using Text file input instead of CSV file input. It has this logic embedded.

enter image description here

Related