Control.Category.Constrained is a very interesting project that presents the class for cartesian closed categories - Curry.
Yet, I do not see why we think of all cartesian closed categories which allow curry and uncurry (Hom(X * Y, Z) ≅ Hom(X, Z^Y) in terms of category theory). Wikipedia says that such property holds only for locally small cartesian closed categories. Under this post many people suggest that Hask itself is not locally small (on the other hand, everyone says that Hask is not a cartesian closed category, which I reckon to be pure and uninteresting formalism).
In this post on Math.SE speaks on assuming all categories are locally small. But it is given from a mathematical point of view where we discuss properties. I would like to know why we decided to concentrate on curry and uncurry as Curry’s methods. Is it because pretty much everyone who knows Haskell also knows these functions? Or is there any other reason?