Connection to a router does not open

Viewed 129

I try to connect to a router R1 with GNS3 using a Python script:

import getpass
import sys
import telnetlib

HOST = "192.168.1.1"
user = raw_input("Enter your remote account: ")
password = getpass.getpass()

tn = telnetlib.Telnet(HOST)

tn.read_until(b"Username: ")
tn.write(user + "\n")
if password:
    tn.read_until("Password: ")
    tn.write(password + "\n")

tn.write("enable\n")
tn.write("cisco\n")
tn.write("conf t\n")
tn.write("exit\n")
tn.write("exit\n")


print(tn.read_all().decode('ascii'))

But it still freeze because, I think, it can't connect to a router with a line tn = telnetlib.Telnet(HOST)

When I do a ^C I have this error:

admin ~/Desktop $ python3 test.py
Enter your remote account: david
Password: 
^CTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 9, in <module>
    tn = telnetlib.Telnet(HOST)
  File "/usr/local/Cellar/python/3.6.5_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/telnetlib.py", line 218, in _init_
    self.open(host, port, timeout)
  File "/usr/local/Cellar/python/3.6.5_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/telnetlib.py", line 234, in open
    self.sock = socket.create_connection((host, port), timeout)
  File "/usr/local/Cellar/python/3.6.5_1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/socket.py", line 713, in create_connection
    sock.connect(sa)
KeyboardInterrupt

The connection to telnet from R1's terminal works fine

1 Answers

Try this code:

import getpass
import sys
import telnetlib

HOST = "192.168.1.1"
PORT = 23

user = raw_input("Enter your remote account: ")
password = getpass.getpass()

tn = telnetlib.Telnet(HOST, PORT)

tn.read_until(b"Username: ")
tn.write(bytes(user + "\n", 'utf-8'))
if password:
    tn.read_until(b"Password: ")
    tn.write(bytes(password + "\n", 'utf-8'))

commands="enable\n cisco\n conf t\n exit\n exit\n"
tn.write(commands.encode())

print(tn.read_all())

This code will work if you have configured your router properly.

Related