WireGuard on Windows: Unable to create Wintun interface: Error registering rings: Error listing NDIS interfaces: no interfaces found

Viewed 3677

I have installed WireGuard on Windows server 2017. When I activate the tunnel through the client application (manager) all works fine. After I restart the computer, WireGuard fails to start automatically. The log contains the following error:

[tun] [wg0] Unable to create Wintun interface: Error registering rings: Error listing NDIS interfaces: no interfaces found

I can explicitly/manually activate the tunnel through the client application but I need the tunnel to start automatically if the machine restarts.

I have it installed in other Windows Server 2017 machines and on those machines WireGuard starts automatically when the system boots.

I would appreciate your help in addressing the problem of WireGuard auto start when the machine boots.

1 Answers

Sometimes just changing the name of the tunnel solves the problem, not specific this one but yes for unable to create wintun interface.

Related