[Resolved !]
I've researched a lot on the Internet and found some similar question with mine. But, I can't find the proper way to fix my problem. Please help.
I'm using Sequelize v6. I've some troubles in using models and migrations.
What I've done:
I generated role model using sequelize cli. And it gives me below code in models/role.js.
"use strict";
const { Model } = require("sequelize");
module.exports = (sequelize, DataTypes) => {
class Role extends Model {
static associate(models) {
// define association here
}
}
Role.init(
{
name: DataTypes.STRING,
description: DataTypes.STRING, },
{
sequelize,
modelName: "roles",
}
);
return Role;
};
And I also got migration file for that model in migrations/timestamp-create-role.js.
"use strict";
module.exports = {
up: async (queryInterface, Sequelize) => {
await queryInterface.createTable(
"roles", // <- I've changed this from Roles to roles because I want the MySQL convention.
{
roleId: {
allowNull: false,
autoIncrement: true,
field: "role_id",
primaryKey: true,
type: Sequelize.INTEGER,
},
name: {
allowNull: false,
type: Sequelize.STRING(30),
},
description: {
type: Sequelize.STRING(50),
},
createdAt: {
allowNull: false,
field: "created_at",
type: Sequelize.DATE,
},
updatedAt: {
allowNull: false,
field: "updated_at",
type: Sequelize.DATE,
},
},
{
underscored: true,
}
);
},
down: async (queryInterface, Sequelize) => {
await queryInterface.dropTable("roles");
},
};
What I got in MySQL
By running the above migration, I got roles table with following columns:
role_id, name, created_at, updated_at which is fine. That is what I want in MySQL database.
Reading roles
/controllers/roles.js
const Role = require("../models").roles;
const catchAsync = require("../middlewares/catchAsync");
exports.findAll = catchAsync(async (req, res) => {
const roles = await Role.findAll();
return res.status(200).json({
status: "success",
data: {
roles,
},
});
});
What I'm not OK
With the above implementation, I got this error on the console.
Executing (default): SELECT `id`, `name`, `description`, `createdAt`, `updatedAt` FROM `roles` AS `roles`;
SequelizeDatabaseError: Unknown column 'id' in 'field list'
at Query.formatError (/home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/mysql/query.js:239:16)
at Query.run (/home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/mysql/query.js:54:18)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
at async /home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/node_modules/sequelize/lib/sequelize.js:619:16
at async MySQLQueryInterface.select (/home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/abstract/query-interface.js:938:12)
at async Function.findAll (/home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/node_modules/sequelize/lib/model.js:1741:21)
at async /home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/src/controllers/roles.js:5:17
at async /home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/src/middlewares/catchAsync.js:4:7
Another Attempt
I've modified models/role.js like below.
Role.init(
{
role_id: {
allowNull: false,
autoIncrement: true,
primaryKey: true,
type: DataTypes.INTEGER,
},
name: DataTypes.STRING,
description: DataTypes.STRING,
created_at: DataTypes.DATE,
updated_at: DataTypes.DATE,
}
Next try, Next Error
With the above modification, I got new error.
Executing (default): SELECT `role_id`, `name`, `description`, `created_at`, `updated_at`, `createdAt`, `updatedAt` FROM `roles` AS `roles`;
SequelizeDatabaseError: Unknown column 'createdAt' in 'field list'
at Query.formatError (/home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/mysql/query.js:239:16)
at Query.run (/home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/mysql/query.js:54:18)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
at async /home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/node_modules/sequelize/lib/sequelize.js:619:16
at async MySQLQueryInterface.select (/home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/abstract/query-interface.js:938:12)
at async Function.findAll (/home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/node_modules/sequelize/lib/model.js:1741:21)
at async /home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/src/controllers/roles.js:5:17
at async /home/hello-world/Thesis/SMS-API/src/middlewares/catchAsync.js:4:7
HELP
I've tried so many ways which cannot fix my problem yet. So, please help. I want MySQL naming convention in MySQL level which is underscore and JavaScript naming convention in Code level.
Thank you so much.