Where do Excel add in manifest files install to on Mac?

Viewed 107

I have an Excel add in created using the Yeoman generator and I'm trying to find where add in manifests are installed to on the Mac file system.

I know when you sideload the add in the manifest is placed in: /Users/<username>/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Excel/Data/Documents/wef

But this only allows the add in to be added as a developer add in every time you open Excel.

Is there a place where I can place the add in manifest to have it stay installed in Excel not as a developer add in?

Is this the correct way to distribute an add in to users without having the add in on the AppSource store or is there another way to distribute Excel add ins via .exe/.dmgs/.pkgs?

Any information about this process would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answers

There are several ways to deploy the add-in manifest. The details are in this section of the official docs: Publish.

Related