I have more than 20 lambda functions in a developing application. And a lambda layer that contains a good amount of common code.
A Lambda function, is hook it to a particular version of the layer, and every time I update a layer, it generates a new version. Since it is a developing application, I have a new version of the layer almost every day. That creates a mess on the lambda functions that have to be touched every day - to upgrade the layer version.
I know it is important to freeze code for a lambda function in production, and it is essential to hook one version of the lambda function to a version of the layer.
But, for the development environment, is it possible to prevent generating a new layer version every time a layer is updated? Or configure the lambda function so that the latest lambda version always refers to the latest layer version?