I'm playing with the new Sidebar that has come with SwiftUI 2 and the possibility to navigate in large screens with three columns. An example about how it works can be found here: https://www.hackingwithswift.com/quick-start/swiftui/how-to-add-a-sidebar-for-ipados
It works fine, but I would like to go one step forward and make some options of my main menu that show the three columns but other options just two.
Here an example of some demo code.
import SwiftUI
struct ContentView: View {
var body: some View{
NavigationView{
List{
Section(header: Text("Three columns")){
NavigationLink(
destination: ItemsView(),
label: {
Label("Animals",systemImage: "tortoise")
})
NavigationLink(
destination: ItemsView(),
label: {
Label("Animals 2",systemImage: "hare")
})
}
Section(header: Text("Two columns")){
NavigationLink(
destination: Text("I want to see here a single view, without detail"),
label: {
Label("Settings",systemImage: "gear")
})
NavigationLink(
destination: Text("I want to see here a single view, without detail"),
label: {
Label("Settings 2",systemImage: "gearshape")
})
}
}
.listStyle(SidebarListStyle())
.navigationBarTitle("App Menu")
ItemsView()
DetailView(animal: "default")
}
}
}
struct ItemsView: View{
let animals = ["Dog", "Cat", "Lion", "Squirrel"]
var body: some View{
List{
ForEach(animals, id: \.self){ animal in
NavigationLink(
destination: DetailView(animal: animal)){
Text(animal)
}
}
}
.listStyle(PlainListStyle())
.navigationTitle("Animals")
}
}
struct DetailView: View{
var animal: String
var body: some View{
VStack{
Text("")
.font(.title)
.padding()
Text(animal)
}
}
}
struct ContentView_Previews: PreviewProvider {
static var previews: some View {
ContentView()
.previewLayout(.sizeThatFits)
}
}
If you run the code in, for example, an iPad Pro (12,9-inch) in landscape mode, you can see the tree columns. First the App Menu (sidebar). If you click on one of the first two options (animals, and animals 2), you can see a list of animals (second column) and when you click on some animal, you reach the third column (detail view). However, I want to have only two columns when I click on the last two options of the menu (Settings and Settings 2). Any clue how to achieve it?
I've tried to hide that section if some of the first options in menu are not selected (with the selected parameter in NavigationLink), but without luck. It seems it is not possible (or I don't know) to know which option is selected in the sidebar.
Any idea is welcome!


