DataGridView not avaiable on Visual Studio 2019 ToolBox

Viewed 2240

I'm new to Visual Studio and in trying to follow a tutorial I can't seem to find the DataGridView on the ToolBox for Windows Forms. I understand I can go to "Choose Toolbox Items" to select what I want but even then when I try to drag and drop the DataGridView it doesn't allow me to drop it.

I don't understand it because in every tutorial I watch this seems to be a pretty straightforward operation. If this is not possible, or if this is not the control I should be using, what is the other option to display a datatable on windows forms?

Any help is appreciated.

enter image description here

1 Answers

Here is the fix:

  1. Trying adding using System.Windows.Forms;. From .Net Framework only.

OR

  1. After watching your image I think that it is a fresh project. So, create a new project. (Windows Form App(.Net Framework)), don't use .Net Core (still in progress as @JhonG said).
Related