Java keytool (keytool) not found, please install it

Viewed 1138

I am trying to create an android app using buildozer. I have designed the app using kivy and it is working with no errors. I have installed buildozer alongwith all the dependencies given in the documentation. But, I am still getting this error of not finding Java keytool when I run the command buildozer android debug.

# Check configuration tokens
# Ensure build layout
# Check configuration tokens
# Preparing build
# Check requirements for android
# Run 'dpkg --version'
# Cwd None
Debian 'dpkg' package management program version 1.19.0.5 (amd64).
This is free software; see the GNU General Public License version 2 or
later for copying conditions. There is NO warranty.
# Search for Git (git)
#  -> found at /usr/bin/git
# Search for Cython (cython)
#  -> found at /home/trillian/.local/bin/cython
# Search for Java compiler (javac)
#  -> found at /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin/javac
# Search for Java keytool (keytool)
# Java keytool (keytool) not found, please install it.

I even searched for this file using locate keytool and got the following output:

/etc/alternatives/keytool
/etc/alternatives/keytool.1.gz
/usr/bin/keytool
/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/keytool
/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/keytool.1.gz
/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/man/man1/keytool.1.gz
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin/keytool
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/keytool
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/keytool.1.gz
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/man/man1/keytool.1.gz
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/man/ja_JP.UTF-8/man1/keytool.1.gz
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/man/man1/keytool.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/keytool.1.gz
/var/lib/dpkg/alternatives/keytool

I don't know know what is the problem even when the keytool is present in the required location.

In addition: Command which keytool gives no output

Command buildozer -verbose gives following output:

# Check configuration tokens
# Ensure build layout
No default command set.
Use "buildozer setdefault <command args...>"
Use "buildozer help" for a list of all commands"
0 Answers
Related