Using Oracle 19c:
I have the following query in which a Sub-Select (linked to the main Select via plans1_.ID) uses the JSON_ARRAYAGG function.
select
... , /* Other columns... */
(SELECT
json_arrayagg(json_object('sentDate' value mh.sent_date,
'sentByEmail' value mh.send_by_email,
'sentBy' value mh.sent_by,
'sentByName' value mh.sent_by_name,
'sentToEmail' value mh.sendee_email) RETURNING CLOB)
from mail_history_t mh
where mh.plan_id = plans1_.id and mh.is_current_status = 'Y'
/*---This is the problem block: If I remove this ORDER BY the query works---*/
order by mh.sent_date desc
) as col_33_0_,
/* ... */
from TABLE_T table0_
left outer join PLANS_T plans1_
on table0_.SOME_ID=plans1_.SOME_ID
where ... /* etc. */
When I have the order by as part of my select from mail_history_t mh, I get the error
00907. 00000 - "missing right parenthesis"
But when I get rid of the order by clause, the query works. Also, the Sub-Select works by itself if I were to isolate it.
My goal is to obtain the JSON-Array representation of the rows with columns that satisfy the condition, but sorted by sent_date DESC.