I'm pretty new to Sequelize.
I'm trying to create a handler to get all playlists in my database.
This is what I want to do:
- If there is a query string then it should return the result based on that query.
- If there is no query string passed then it should return all my playlists.
This is my playlist model:
const Playlist = db.define("playlist", {
id: {
type: Sequelize.INTEGER,
autoIncrement: true,
primaryKey: true,
},
name: {
type: Sequelize.STRING,
unique: true,
},
});
Here is my handler:
exports.getPlaylists = async (req, res) => {
try {
const { name } = req.query;
console.log(name); // this prints the name
const result = await Playlist.findAll({
where: {
name:
name === undefined ? {} : { $like: `%${name}%` },
},
});
if (result) {
res.status(200).send(result);
} else {
response.status(404).send("No Playlists found");
}
} catch (error) {
res.status(500).send(`Internal server error: ${error}`);
}
};
This works well if I passed a name in the query. but If I didn't pass any query string. It returns an empty array.
$like is an alias for Sequelize.Op.like
What should I put instead of the empty object?
I checked this question How get all data if field in query string is empty Node and Sequelize with Postgres but the proposed solutions didn't work with me