I'm trying to build a (I think) very simple pipeline:
- Get the textual body of a GET operation.
- Pass the (json) output as-is (= no transformations needed in ADF) to a "Json" parameter of a stored procedure in an Azure SQL Server database. The stored procedure handles the (complex) parsing/mapping.
I thought that this can be done with just 1 Copy activity, but now I think I'm wrong.
In de Copy activity the Sink configuration looks like this:
"sink": {
"type": "AzureSqlSink",
"sqlWriterStoredProcedureName": "[dbo].[spParseJson]",
"sqlWriterTableType": "What to enter here?",
"storedProcedureTableTypeParameterName": "What to enter here?",
"storedProcedureParameters": {
"Json": {
"type": "String",
"value": "<output of Source>"
}
}
}
I really tried to read and understand the documentation, but imho the documentation doesn't explain much or in a bad vague way.
The "output of Source" should be the output from Source. But what function or variable to use for that?
What should I enter for "sqlWriterTableType" / "storedProcedureTableTypeParameterName"? After some digging I understand that ADF will create temp tables and such, but that isn't what I want.
I've also tried an other approach:
- Use the Web activity to just download the Json.
- Execute SP with the input: @Activity("WebactivityName").output.
But then I found out that the Web activity is limited to 1MB. The Json is about 1,5 MB. If the limit wouldn't be there, then I would have a solution. Argh.
FYI: The content of the Json has a dynamically changing schema and is not well structured, so there's really no way that I can use the standard mapping capabilities in ADF.
Any help or guidance is appreciated. If you know of some documentation that is informative then that would also help.






