I need to show a series of events in a timeline. Some of this events are before common era. I'm using timevis in R.
So far, I've tried the following code:
library("timevis")
d <- as.POSIXlt(as.Date("0001/01/01"))
d$year <- d$year -1
dates <- (as.Date(d))
names <- c("Test")
dt <- data.frame(start=dates,content=names)
print(dt)
timevis(dt, width = 900)
The above code shows an event in the beginning of the year 0 in timevis, which is wierd but is not a problem right now. the problem shows up as soon as I change to:
d$year <- d$year -2
The event jumps in the timeline to 01/01/2001
I just started yesterday with R for a personal research project, and I've never worked with BCE dates in any other language before. I've tried lubridate.
I've considered this question Date sequence in R spanning B.C.E. to A.D, but I'm asking if there's any timevis workaround, maybe. Because this timeline shows BCE years.
What's the proper way to format a BCE date?
I am looking forward to a bit of help - Thank you