What does '[WDS] Disconnected!' error mean with webpack and Vue.js?

Viewed 11343

I'm currently working on a Django project that uses Vue.js for the frontend. I keep getting the "[WDS] Disconnected!" error every time the page gets refreshed. That is, the website is fully functional and has no issues, but the error pops up for every time I reload the page.

[WDS] Disconnected!
close                webpack:///(webpack)-dev-server/client?:172
initSocket           webpack:///(webpack)-dev-server/client/socket.js?:26
dispatchEvent        webpack:///./node_modules/sockjs-client/dist/sockjs.js?:219
_close               webpack:///./node_modules/sockjs-client/dist/sockjs.js?:1097

I'm running the website on localhost:8000 and the frontend on port 8080 as a local grid instance with a certificate file set up.

Is this normal behavior? I tried updating npm like some suggested, but that didn't do anything.

Any help would be appreciated :)

2 Answers

[WDS] is the Webpack Development Server. You see it on refresh, because the socket gets broken, which triggers the "error". Yes, it is normal behavior, and only shows when you are using the Webpack Development Server.

Restart the server again! that worked for me! @vue

Related