How to exclude resource folder during fat jar generation in spring boot by using maven build?

Viewed 263

In my spring boot project, during the build process, I'm generating the fat jar and boot jar for my application.

Usecase: I have a scenario where I need to exclude the resource folder from the fat jar at the same time I need to include the same resource folder into my boot jar.

Below snippet, I have used in my project

<build>
    <resources>
        <resource>
            <directory>src/main/resources</directory>
            <filtering>true</filtering>
            <excludes>
                <exclude>**/*</exclude>
            </excludes>
        </resource>
    </resources>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
            <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
            <artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <configuration>
                <classifier>boot</classifier>
            </configuration>
            <executions>
                <execution>
                    <goals>
                        <goal>repackage</goal>
                    </goals>
                </execution>
            </executions>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
            <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
            <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>2.6</version>
            <executions>
                <execution>
                    <goals>
                        <goal>test-jar</goal>
                    </goals>
                </execution>
            </executions>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
</build>

Using the above snippet, resource folders are getting excluded in both fat and boot jars. can someone please guide me to achieve this use-case?

Java version: 1.8

Maveen version: 3.6.3

Spring Boot version: v2.1.2.RELEASE

0 Answers
Related