In postgress I have the following function that uses ST_MakeEnvelope based on the Google Maps viewport coordinates to returns all projects within that viewport.
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.search_projects_area(
lngw double precision,
lats double precision,
lnge double precision,
latn double precision
) RETURNS SETOF project_locations LANGUAGE sql STABLE AS $ function $
SELECT
A.*
FROM
project_locations A
WHERE
st_intersects(
A.location :: geography,
ST_MakeEnvelope(lngw, lats, lnge, latn, 4326) :: geography
) $ function $
Below is how I get the coordinates to create the envelope:
const bounds = this.map.getBounds();
const sw = this.map.getBounds().getSouthWest();
const ne = this.map.getBounds().getNorthEast();
const lngw = sw.lng();
const lats = sw.lat();
const lnge = ne.lng();
const latn = ne.lat();
The problem is that projects in specific areas are not fetched sometimes depending on where I have the map zoomed or positioned. The projects are defenitely inside the viewport though in all cases.
Its as if the ST_MakeEnvelope method doesnt create the correct rectangle based on the map viewport.
Is my code above correct?