OpenLDAP Create a Service Account for LDAP queries

Viewed 1121

There is a defined way to create a Active Directory ( AD ) Service Account for LDAP queries.

There is no much article on LDAP Service account creation in OpenLDAP

I am trying to find ways to create a LDAP Service Account in OpenLDAP. The LDAP Service account should have the read and search access. The Service account DN and Service Account Password should be used for LDAP Bind , Search and Authentication.

The LDAP Service account DN should be able to find the User DN by a LDAP query with User_ID_Attribute=.

Eg: ldapsearch -h <LDAP_Server> -p <LDAP_Port> -b <Base/Root DN> -D -w uid=LOGINUSER dn Result: dn: uid:LOGINUSER,ou=<LDAP_Group>,dc=example,dc=com

I am stuck at the point of LDAP Service account creation. I need help on that. If you need more info kindly reply so that I can provide that.

0 Answers
Related