I was trying out the oracle's autonomous DB. Wanted to understand what is the fuss about oracle APEX services - which enables one to directly build apps on a db.
- The DB comes with a bunch of system tables (oracle_maintained flag = y in all_tables).
- It also contains the SSB sample dataset.
- According to docs, sample dataset should not count towards usage.
- However, I see 2.7 G usage for the fresh DB.
- Further, after adding and deleting a sample APEX app - the usage is at 4.8 G.
Note: I have created a simple schema and one table with < 1000 rows.
Output of:
SELECT
OWNER,
SUM(BYTES) / 1024.0 / 1024.0 as SIZE_MB
FROM
DBA_EXTENTS
GROUP BY
ROLLUP(OWNER)
ORDER BY
SIZE_MB DESC
"OWNER", "SIZE_MB",
"", 168400.6875, <- Total
"SSB", 166316.9375, <- Sample (should not be counted)
"SYS", 1059.875,
"APEX_190200", 888.4375,
"MDSYS", 72.75,
"AUDSYS", 26.6875,
"APEX_200100", 13.4375,
"SH", 5.75,
...
A few more rows with size < 5 MB


