maven-metadata.xml not beeing downloaded fore release versions

Viewed 37

I have the following problem.

In our application POM we have the usual dependency import:

<dependency>
      <groupId>com.bwce.fw</groupId>
      <artifactId>CommonFramework</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0</version>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>

When we try to open the application in Eclipse, usually eclipse (maven) downloads the dependencies from our artifactory, stores them in the local .m2 folder and then eclipse puts the dependency into the workspace.

Everything works fine if we are dealing with SNAPSHOT versions of our custom lib, I see the jars appearing in the m2 folder and also the maven-metadata.xml .

On the other hand when a lib is in a released version the jars are downloaded into the m2, but no maven-metadata.xml is downloaded, and because of that eclipse doesn't import the jar into the workspace.

If I copy the maven-metadata.xml that is in artifactory and put it on C:\Users\XXX\.m2\repository\com\bwce\fw\CommonFramework, next to the folder 1.0.0, it works and eclipse imports the dependency into the workspace.

Just as context, we are working with mavenized TIBCO BWCE applications, but I don't think that this is directly related to this.

Thank you in advance.

0 Answers
Related