I have Outlet of UITextField in the main VC and I want to access its text from another class... for more clarification please see my code below:
class ProductManagement : UIViewController, UITextFieldDelegate{
@IBOutlet weak var ProductName: UITextField!
}
and I want to read the text in below class
import Firebase
import FirebaseStorage
class XUpload {
static func UploadImage(Image : UIImage, Completion : @escaping (_ url : String)->()) {
guard let imageData = Image.pngData() else { return }
let storage = Storage.storage().reference()
let pathRef = storage.child("Images/Products")
let imageRef = pathRef.child( // I want the product name to be written here! )
imageRef.putData(imageData, metadata: nil) { (meta, error) in
imageRef.downloadURL { (url, error) in
print (url as Any)
}
}
}
}
I tried to create a custom protocol to delegate the UITextField but the problem is I couldn't conform it inside XUpload class !!
Please someone write for me how is my code should be because I'm beginner and new to Swift language.
Thank you in advance.
EDIT:
Elia Answer applied below:
ProductManagement Class + Extension
class ProductManagement : UIViewController, UITextFieldDelegate{
override func viewDidLoad() {
super.viewDidLoad()
self.ProductName.delegate = self
}
@IBOutlet weak var ProductName: UITextField!
@objc private func textFieldDidChange(_ sender: UITextField) {
NotificationCenter.default.post(name: .PnameInputText, object: nil, userInfo: ["text": sender.text!])
}
}
extension Notification.Name {
public static var PnameInputText = Notification.Name("PnameInputText")
}
XUpload Class
import Firebase
import FirebaseStorage
class XUpload {
private init() {
NotificationCenter.default.addObserver(self, selector: #selector(handle(_:)), name: .PnameInputText, object: nil)
}
public static var shared = XUpload()
var textFieldText : String = "" {
didSet {print("updated value > ", textFieldText)}
}
@objc private func handle(_ sender: Notification) {
if let userInfo = sender.userInfo as NSDictionary?, let text = userInfo["text"] as? String {
textFieldText = text
}
}
static func UploadImage(Image : UIImage, Completion : @escaping (_ url : String)->()) {
guard let imageData = Image.pngData() else { return }
let storage = Storage.storage().reference()
let pathRef = storage.child("Images/Products")
let imageRef = pathRef.child("img_"+shared.textFieldText)
print("var of textFieldText value: " + shared.textFieldText) //print nothing... empty value!!
imageRef.putData(imageData, metadata: nil) { (meta, error) in
imageRef.downloadURL { (url, error) in
print ("Image uploaded to this link >> " + url!.description)
guard let str = url?.absoluteString else { return }
Completion (str)
}
}
}
}
extension UIImage {
func upload(completion : @escaping (_ url : String) ->()) {
XUpload.UploadImage(Image: self) { (ImageURL) in completion (ImageURL)
}
}
}
As you can see there is no value given to var textFieldText by the Notification Center! why??