Figure in Latex is not centering despite using \centering

Viewed 15558

I am very new to LaTex and am trying to center a figure.

I have tried to use the package float using both [h] and [H], I have tried to add \centering and I have tried to wrap the image in \begin{center} \end{centering} but nothing seems to work.

My full code is as such

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{float}
\graphicspath{ {images/} }

\title{Dissertation}
\author{GC}
\date{\today}


\begin{document}

\maketitle

\section{Introduction}
\begin{figure}[H]
    \centering
    \includegraphics{my_grades}
    \caption{grades plot}
    \label{fig:grade}
\end{figure}

This figure does not seem to want to centre

\end{document}

This figure on the compiled document looks as such. If someone could help me understand why this doesn't want to move that would be great:

image

1 Answers

Your code seems fine, I just added a [width=50mm] in your include graphics and it centered the Figure.

I would check two issues:

  1. Is your figure to larger than the textwidth?
  2. Does your Figure has a white part on its lefthand side?
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{float}
\graphicspath{ {images/} }

\title{Dissertation}
\author{GC}
\date{\today}


\begin{document}

\maketitle

\section{Introduction}
\begin{figure}[H]
    \centering
    \includegraphics[width=50mm]{darth-vader_5yvm.jpeg}
    \caption{grades plot}
    \label{fig:grade}
\end{figure}

This figure does not seem to want to centre

\end{document}

Latex Output

Related