PickList Azure Devops Custom Task

Viewed 697

How can I populate a pickLists in Azure Devops Tasks with a json file?

I have this json file:

[
    {"Item1":"Item1"},
    {"Item2":"Item2"},
    {"Item3":"Item3"},
    {"Itemn":"Itemn"}
]

I need that the pickList recibe this file as a parameter and show this options, somethink like this...

{
            "name": "businessprocess",
            "type": "pickList",
            "label": "Business",
            "defaultValue": "",
            "required": true,
            "helpMarkDown": "Select One"
            "options": path to jsonFile....
}
1 Answers

I'm afraid we don't have such out-of-box way to populate the pickLists with another json file.

You can check tasks.json schema, the options element is designed to be an object type. And as I know json objects should be written in key/value pairs with format { "key1":"xx", "key2":xx, "key3":xx}. So you can't pass the path of jsonFile as property of options element, that's not expected key-value pairs of options.

Instead I think you should write the key-value pairs directly in tasks.json file, just like what our official tasks do:

            "options": {
                "build": "build",
                "push": "nuget push",
                "pack": "pack",
                "publish": "publish",
                "restore": "restore",
                "run": "run",
                "test": "test",
                "custom": "custom"
            }
Related