Get Gradle Cache to work with AWS Codebuild

Viewed 506

How do I get aws codebuild to give me the same cache behavior for gradle as when I run the build locally on my machine?

If I am executing cachable tasks on my own machine, this command:

gradle clean buildFunction buildLayer

Will take 2 seconds. However on the codebuild servers this same task takes almost 3 minutes, even when I have run the build before with the same commit/code, I was expecting the same behavior to have ultrafast builds. I tried adding all sorts of directories to the cache but to no avail.

My buildspec.yml is as follows:

version: 0.1

phases:
  install:
   commands:
     - echo Entering install phase...
     - echo Nothing to do now
  build:
    commands:
     - echo Build started on `date`
     - gradle buildLayer buildFunction
cache:
  paths:
    - '.gradle/**/*'
    - 'build/**/*'
    - '/root/.gradle/caches/**/*'
    - '/root/.gradle/wrapper/**/*'
    - '/root/.m2/**/*'
artifacts:
  type: zip
  files:
    - 'build/distributions/*.zip'

0 Answers
Related