need an alternative to bluez APIs having following features

Viewed 311

I am developing a bluetooth module. I need the features-

1>device discovery,  
2>device connection,  
3> inter-device communication,  
4>RSSI to know the approximate distance between them(it need not be accurate).  

I developed the feature earlier using "bluez" stack APIs. But there I do not find feature- RSSI to know the approximate distance between them(it need not be accurate).
So, I want 2 options-

1> to use an alternative to "bluez" or  
2> to request "bluez" to include RSSI module.

I am developing in "ubuntu" Linux environment using C++ and "GTK".

Please suggest me what should I do?
I just need the distance between 2 devices by any means using c++, if any linux command is there, maybe I can use the system() or its alternatives.. I wish to check if the distance between devices is less than 10 fts. or greater than 10 fts. That's the only thing I need.

1 Answers
Related