AWS Codebuild error in DOWNLOAD_SOURCE Phase

Viewed 604

I have an issue with codebuild which i do not understand correctly.

Codebuild is passing all phases until

DOWNLOAD_SOURCE

Error description

And i am not understanding what this error wants to tell me:

CLIENT_ERROR: mkdir /codebuild/output/srcDownload/src/.git/refs/remotes/origin/release: not a directory for primary source and source version refs/heads/tests/request-midwife-flow

Is this a git error, or an error in downloading source files at codebuild ? Do i need to specify primary source or source version anywhere?

I appreciate good reads also about this, since i have not experienced this error before.

thanks! patrick

1 Answers

Ok so if anyone ever runs into this issue:

I investigated the repo's branches and found a branch named release. Since there was also a release planned opening up a branch release/some-branch-name we ran into the error message mentioned above.

Basically i understand it this way, that a branch-name can not be a "folder" for other branches like in a filesystem where a file can not be named as equally to a folder.

Hard learning....

I removed the branch named release and we got back to normal.

Cheers

Related