I want to binary read a photo in 1460 bytes increments and compare consecutive packets for corrupted transmission. I have a python script that i wrote and want to translate in C++, however I'm not sure that what I intend to use is correct.
for i in range(0, fileSize-1):
buff=f.read(1460) // buff stores a packet of 1460 bytes where f is the opened file
secondPacket=''
for j in buff:
secondPacket+="{:02x}".format(j)
if(secondPacket==firstPacket):
print(f'Packet {i+1} identical with {i}')
firstPacket=secondPacket
I have found int fseek ( FILE * stream, long int offset, int origin ); but it's unclear if it reads the first byte that is located offset away from origin or everything in between.
Thanks for clarifications.
#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
#include <array>
std::array<char, 1460> firstPacket;
std::array<char, 1460> secondPacket;
int i=0;
int main() {
std::ifstream file;
file.open("photo.jpg", std::ios::binary);
while (file.read(firstPacket.data(), firstPacket.size())){
++i;
if (firstPacket==secondPacket)
std::cout<<"Packet "<<i<<" is a copy of packet "<<i-1<<std::endl;
memcpy(&secondPacket, &firstPacket, firstPacket.size());
}
std::cout<<i; //tested to check if i iterate correctly
return 0;
}
This is the code i have so far which doesn't work.