I'm new in Excel-VBA and I need to improve my macro performance. I have a macro that searches an excel, opens it, then goes through every sheet and copy-pastevalues for all cell with a specific color (yellow). Finally saves and closes the excel. In addition, excels sheets are locked and only those yellow cells are editable. This should be done for a list of excel that I indicate in a main template from where I call the macro. The problem is that it takes a lot of time and even gets blocked when the number of excels is more than 3.
I paste my code below and hope anyone can help. Thanks!
Sub Button1_Click()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Dim filePath As String
Dim rng As Range
Dim cel As Range
Dim cartera As String
Dim plantilla As String
Dim wb As Workbook
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim obj_Cell As Range
filePath = Application.ThisWorkbook.Path
Range("B9").Select
Set rng = Application.Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown))
For Each cel In rng.Cells
cartera = cel.Value
plantilla = cel.Offset(0, 1).Value
If cartera = vbNullString Or plantilla = vbNullString Then
GoTo Saltar
End If
Application.StatusBar = "Ejecutando Cartera: " & cartera & ", Plantilla: " & plantilla
Set wb = Workbooks.Open(filePath & "\" & cartera & "\" & plantilla, UpdateLinks:=3)
For Each ws In wb.Worksheets
If ws.Name <> "Index" And ws.Name <> "Instructions" And ws.Name <> "Glossary" Then
Worksheets(ws.Name).Activate
For Each obj_Cell In Range("A1:DW105")
With obj_Cell
If obj_Cell.Interior.Color = RGB(255, 255, 153) Then
obj_Cell.Select
If obj_Cell.MergeCells = True Then
obj_Cell.MergeArea.Select
End If
Selection.Copy
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=True, Transpose:=False
If obj_Cell.MergeCells = True Then
If obj_Cell.MergeArea(1).Value = vbNullString Then
obj_Cell.MergeArea.Cells(1, 1).Select
Selection.ClearContents
End If
Else
If obj_Cell.Value = vbNullString Then
obj_Cell.ClearContents
End If
End If
End If
End With
Next obj_Cell
Range("A1").Select
End If
Next ws
Sheets(1).Select
wb.Close SaveChanges:=True
Saltar:
Next cel
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.StatusBar = False
End Sub