I'm using hooks for updating state. in my code I have an AppState event listener and whenever it triggers I'm updating the appState using setAppState, however the appState inside the event listener did not change. but the value is updating outside the listener. can anyone explain why is behaving like that?
Here is my code:
import React, { FunctionComponent, useEffect, useState } from "react"
import { View, AppState, AppStateStatus } from "react-native"
const Test: FunctionComponent<any> = (props: any) => {
const [appState, setAppState] = useState < AppStateStatus > (AppState.currentState)
useEffect(() => {
AppState.addEventListener("change", _handleAppStateChange)
},[])
const _handleAppStateChange = (nextAppState: AppStateStatus) => {
//appState not Changing here
console.log(appState, "app state")
if (appState.match(/inactive|background/) && nextAppState === "active") {
console.log("App has come to the foreground!")
activateRealtime()
} else if (appState === "active" && nextAppState.match(/inactive|background/)) {
console.log("App has come to background!")
}
setAppState(nextAppState)
}
//appState updated here
console.log(appState, "app state")
return <View />
}